1. Fill out the forms. These can be printed out from this website. Fill them out (type them or use dark ink). Forms are also available in Room 1307 of the Court.
2. Make sure your forms are completely filled out.
· Did you sign all of them?
· Are all the interested persons listed, along with their addresses, including zip codes?
· You may wish to get a waiver and consent form signed by each interested person. Except for guardianships, getting these forms may make it easier to start your case.
· If you need help filling out the form, contact an attorney.
3. Take your forms to Room 1307 and see the Information Clerk. If you need help filling out the forms, contact an attorney.
4. Bring money to pay the filing fee in Room 1305. You can pay by cash, check, or money order payable to the “Wayne County Probate Court” (location/hours). You can pay with a MasterCard or Discover credit card in person (click here for more information). If you don’t have enough money to pay the fee, you can’t file your petition. The only exception is if you want to file a guardianship petition and are indigent.
If you need further information, please Contact Us
Note: The Court is prohibited by law (Sec. 1211 of
the Estates and Protected Individuals Code [