Adoption Authorized by Guardian(s)

How does a guardian authorize an adoption of a ward?

Where a guardianship is in place for an individual, only one step of the adoption process is done through the Probate Court – specifically the step where the guardian obtains the authority to release for or consent to the adoption of the ward. This process is initiated by filing the PC 692 – Petition for Guardian Authority to Release for or Consent to Adoption. Click here to see more information on Guardian Authority to Release or Consent to Adoption.

Rev. 8/2023